Monday, June 20, 2016

Something New

As a dilettante, I'm always looking for something new to learn. I've sewn since I was seven, but I almost always sew wovens. So my next challenge is to sew lingerie. While also doing this and that. And then, who knows what after.

First, I warmed up by sewing a woven muslin for a lovely pajama set (Fifi Pyjamas by Tilly and the Buttons). It's a graceful design. Also, the instruction booklet is gorgeous and detailed.

I think I will wait to sew this in my final fabric once I've had some practice sewing bras. Even with the bust adjustment, I think I could improve upon it for my own figure. Maybe some powermesh lining in the cups? I'm not sure. Woven camisoles don't work for me up top, but it is a lovely design, so I'd like to find a way to make it work.

Also pictured is a bra kit from Tailor Made Shoppe. The materials are beautiful. And intimidating. Soft, stretchy and very puzzling, as I've never made a bra before. I felt so daunted, but then a day later it became a bra! I'll tell you about it next.

No comments:

Post a Comment