Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Cute Navy & Silver Triangle Bra

OMG, this actually turned out. This was inspired by a Hanky Panky tie-front triangle bralette. I like a front-closure bra. Plus it has a cute tie, which has a hook underneath (which makes more sense than really tying your bra closed).


The pattern is the Brigette Triangle Bra from Ohhh Lulu with some modifications. For one, I used the Ohhh Lulu instructions to add a front closure.


There are only two pattern pieces here, people! You know I will be making more of this style. I joined the seams at the center back where the hook and eye tape would be. I thought this change might make it too tight, but I made the pattern one size up for me, so it all worked out in the end.


I made the body of stretch mesh and added a layer of stretch lace on top. I cut the lace so it ended at the top notch of the cups.


I zig-zagged the lace on all three sides onto the mesh cups that had already been joined. Usually I don't use pins, but you really don't want to be off or asymmetrical in this area (right?).


For the life of me, I cannot get FOE to look nice on a garment, so I used picot elastic instead. Also, left extra elastic at the hem to attach the hook and make a loop.


Another change I made is to have the back strap go all the way to the hem. I've noticed this on mesh bras I've purchased. Seems to keep the light material from stretching out of shape.


Et voilĂ ! Although not quite, as I added the tie detail. I was kind of on the fence about adding it (since it looked nice at this point), but there are only two pattern pieces, so I can certainly make more versions.


The ties are satin craft ribbon attached on the hem elastic.


And here is the back complete. I didn't finish the seams on this, just trimmed them to 1/4" and edgestitched them towards the sides. Seemed like the least visible option for mesh.

I finally used up all my strap elastic, so I will have to purchase some more materials. Maybe orange & white? I am seeing that a lot and loving it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it turned out great! Sounds easy enough I might try it and I love the orange and white idea

    ReplyDelete