Friday, June 24, 2016

Blue & Silver Lace Tanga

And after making a bra, some matching undies, of course. This is the same soft lace from Tailor Made Shop. The pattern is a quick, easy one from Sew Fast posted on BurdaStyle.


The pattern is a free pdf with an instructional video on youtube, so it was an instant gratification project. There are several nice things about the pattern. I like that it uses the whole width of the lace so you use both decorative edges.

Yes, I have two Swingline staplers I use as pattern weights!
I found it easier to cut each pattern piece as one layer and then flip it to cut the second piece. The lace is slippy, so it helped me cut more precisely. The decorative edges are used to finish the waistband and hem, so it is only a few seams to sew and a zig-zag stitch to apply the lining.


The only thing I changed from the video tutorial was to make the narrowest French seams possible. It wasn't the best idea - it just made tiny, bulky seam (if that is possible). It is not very noticeable, but next time I think I would either serge the seams or just leave the seams raw as the instructions indicate. It's a cute garment. I'd love to try to make something more like a boyshort or tap pant next.

No comments:

Post a Comment